How much longer will consumers tolerate DRM?

Reaction score
Google users who paid for video programs just lost everything they had bought becuase google got out of the video business. So if you had bought several star trek episodes, you would not have them today. The dishonest video seekers didn't lose anything. This is infurating to anyone who buys drm protected music or videos.

Should we just say forget drm protected content and go to the store and buy dvds so they can't take what we have bought away from us?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Should we just say forget drm protected content and go to the store and buy dvds so they can't take what we have bought away from us?

that's what i do. vote with your dollar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I'd give it another week or two...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I also worry that my DRM stuff may one day be obsolete and incompatible with my gear/lifestyle.

But... I may also ask the question, how much longer are people like me who pay for all their content, going to have to subsidise those theiving idiots who think it's cool not to?

I think DRM will be around as long as there are lazy trust fund morons who'd rather illegally download a track than pay $0.99 for it.

The real issue with DRM is that it it platform specific and sites that are having to use it are going with Microsoft, meaning Mac users are getting left behind.

OP
S
Reaction score
It doesn't stop pirates. I doubt it slows anyone on this board down if any of us were so inclined. Study's show that mac users spend more on software and digital media (per person) than windows users.

This is why windows only drm really gets under my skin.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.