• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

I keep reading things like this that say to wait before buying a new ipod.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Engadget is one of the worst sources for "information" about Apple products. They publish mostly unsubstantiated rumors and other prognostications. Nothing to really take too seriously.

In short, don't pay any attention to any sources other than Apple for news of up and coming Apple products. If you want an Apple product, then get it when you want it and have the means to get it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 15" screen, 2.0 MHz DuoCore, 80 Gig HD, 2G RAM
Sure it's just rumors but my guess is this is probably on the mark. In fact they are hardly clever for even thinking of it. The ipods are long due for an update....Sept is a time when Apple often debuts new ipods....and it needs to be released in Oct latest in order to be out for the holiday season.

So yeah my guess is that sometime between when the free Nano to college students promo ends and mid Oct you will see new Nano's and full sized iPods.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 15" screen, 2.0 MHz DuoCore, 80 Gig HD, 2G RAM
What the???? I just realized this thread is like a Central PA fest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What the???? I just realized this thread is like a Central PA fest.
w00t for Pennsyltuckey!!! (If you live in Central PA, you'll get this... otherwise, you probably won't)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I may not be from PA, but I think new iPods will be out before the end of the year. I don't know where Engadget gets off saying the know for a fact that it will definitely have OS X.

Maybe we can get RIDE to weigh in on this. IF RIDE says they'll be out, I'll put some money into Apple and hold my breath.

TWM

Reaction score
i am waiting to buy a new one also. Hopefully its worth the wait. like already said, if you need one, buy one. but if your like me and already have an ipod, then it might be wise to wait..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook C2D 1gb ram 120gb
I was thinking that new ones will be out soon anyway so im saving up before to see what there like (hoping for iPhone without the phone and a lot more memory, as im sure most of us are hoping for) This way ill have the cash ready to order it straight away if i like it and if not i have a nice amount of money towards an iPhone.

It is usually september that ipods are announced isn't it? How long after being announced does it take for them to actually become available after being announced?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600M GT
My friend's mom works at Apple and she said mid to late September. :dunno:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Its pretty much guaranteed to be a new iPod by the holiday season, Apple isn't stupid.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
My mother's cousin's second husband's former roommate works for Apple in Cupertino and says there'll be a new iPod sometime soon.

(just kidding... :) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I'm Steve Jobs. I'm bring out a new iPod early October. It has a full screen touch screen and a flamethrower. The flamethrower is OS X based.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz, Macbook Intel Core Duo 1.86ghz
Cheers Stevie-plops.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
oh dear, that looks like a joke.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
i dont think there will be os x on ipods apple did that on iPhone..and of course thre will be a new one soon...apple does this every year..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.