Difference in Applecare

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
I'm wanting to buy an imac (with educational discount) when i go to the bottom of the page i get two options, what is the difference?

EMEA CC-HE contract uplift iMac/eMac [+ £58.75]
AppleCare Protection Plan for iMac - Auto-enroll [+ £115.15]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
In this thread (on Mac Rumors)

WildCowboy said:
UK EDU purchases have the standard three warranty now, but it's not AppleCare. That option [EMEA CC-HE] adds the AppleCare phone support to the standard warranty. That's why it's cheaper than you'd expect AppleCare to be.

It could certainly be explained better on their site though...

That's all I could find, though. Might be a good idea to call Apple to find out what it is for sure.

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT
I got a bit confused by this also, when i saw it after placing our order over the phone . The sales guy said it was AppleCare, but with a huge discount. It came up on the order as the EMEA CC-HE contract uplift. As long as i can get support for the next 3 years, i dont mind

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT
Just called Apple about this. Apparently the 2nd and third year support is provided through the IT department of the University to which you belong when you buy the mac!!

So any normal Support questions have to go to the university IT department

I asked what if i leave the university and it breaks? they said that if i call apple they will check and make an exception.

Sounds very weird

OP
vaughan80
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
Thanks guys.
I'll save myself the smug, arrogant looks of the IT dept and thier faces of horror if I bring a Mac into thier comfortable PC environment, I think i'll buy the full applecare, the IT dept. at my college are useless and take weeks to fix the PC's I doubt another member of staff's Apple would be at the top of thier list.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.