Bootcamp partitioning - How long does it take?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been sitting in front of my mbp for about 2 hours now, watching bootcamp running disk partitioning! there has been no error messages, like the verfiy disk error message. the blue bar has been stuck on about 95% for AGES!?

how long have your bootcamp partitions taken? anyone had to wait this long before? or does it look like there's a problem??

thanks!

OP
D
Reaction score
spoke too soon!! got the frickin error message again :( guess its archive and install time...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
2 hours is a long time. I'm usually up and running with Windows (partitioned and installed) in a little over an hour. Clearly you have an issue at hand.

Cancel the process and if needed, restore the original partition. Then pop in your restore disc and restart the computer while holding down the "C" button. When setup begins, go to the toolbar at top and look for Disk Utility. Select your hard drive and perform the Repair job. Then restart your computer and run the Boot Camp wizard again.

OP
D
Reaction score
omg!! i did the archive and install, then ran bootcamp....still getting same "some files could not be moved...." error!!!?? going to try the disk utility repair disk thing again...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I think you need to trash whatever you've done so far and start from scratch. I've set up Windows twice: each time only took about 45 minutes soup to nuts.

Reaction score
mine took only 1 hour, with few error but it works

OP
D
Reaction score
I think you need to trash whatever you've done so far and start from scratch. I've set up Windows twice: each time only took about 45 minutes soup to nuts.

you mean do an "erase and install" of osx? i thought an "archive and install" would be more than enough to solve the bootcamp partitioning problem?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
mine took about 5min

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.