new Windows partition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
|MBP17''|hi-res|
is there a way of adding extra windows partition on my mbp running OS X and Windows XP? Currently i have a 32GB partition for window but i Run out of Space and would like to create second Windows partition of the space that I left for OS X?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Perhaps a better alternative might be to teach Windows how to access your OS X partition? Consider MacDrive, which is an HFS+ driver for WinXP. That should do the trick.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
|MBP17''|hi-res|
I think i found solution - disk utility allows to create new partition. what i need is another 32 GB of space for pictures and Designs but it looks that the best solution will be to buy Maxtor Shared Storage II 1TB External Hdd and divide it in two 500GB partitions - one for OS X one for Windows... but first i will try MacDrive...

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
You are doing better than me. I couldn't get the MBP to allow me to make a partition to put XP on....some message about not being able to partition the same drive as the Mac OS is on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.