New to Mac w/ iTunes import question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
250 HDD, 2 GHz Intel, C2D, 1GB RAM
So, I've been loading up my new iMac with my music files from the back-up disks of my previous hard drive (an MS laptop) and there are many, many .mp3 files. I was hoping someone could tell me a way to import all this from my HDD into iTunes en masse. I have already imported a ton of these files but I could only find a way to do them 1 at a time. Is there a faster way that you know of?

OP
needlewithaprun
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't have an iPod. :-( I'm looking for how to do it directly from the HDD. I was able to get them from the discs to the HDD, I want to do the same into iTunes with as much ease.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz 2GB 120GB hard drive NVIDIA graphics with 128MB SDRAM
oh, ok, i didnt know the music was on the computer now. anyway open up Macintosh HD and go into the aplications folder and locate the iTunes icon. next open Macintosh HD again and locate all your music, click and drag to select all your music, then simply drag them all at once onto the itunes icon and they should all show up in iTunes.

OP
needlewithaprun
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I tried that but all it did was put it in the folder saved on the HDD. None of the files showed up in iTunes. I figured it out though. The quickest way is to open the folder on the HDD and open iTunes itself. Select all and drop all of them directly into iTunes. That not only puts them in the iTunes library but creates its own folder in the iTunes folder on the HDD which removes the folder I had initially saved them in.

Thank you for your input. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
you could click itunes and add folder (and choose the folder too add?)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.