New to Macs, new to the forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
250 HDD, 2 GHz Intel, C2D, 1GB RAM
Could someone please tell me how I move up from "being on a distinguished road" to "a jewel in the rough" or whatever the next rung up on the ladder is?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
As you have posts that others feel require some kind of recognition or just a thank you, they will give you Rep. As more people give you Rep, your points will build up.

Like in your thread asking how to quote in your post and put multiple quotes - did you say thank you, by adding rep to to the ones that supplied your answers?

You do this by clicking on their Rep button - See picture - you can type a little note in to them and leave your name or not.

You can also do a search on 'Reputation System' or go to the 'News and Community Announcements' section to learn more about it.

Pic 3-7.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Could someone please tell me how I move up from "being on a distinguished road" to "a jewel in the rough" or whatever the next rung up on the ladder is?

what the pointlessly censored are you on about?

Reaction score
I didn't know about that rep thing, I thought you it was accumulated through post counts.

I'm going to go through my threads and start rep'ing people who've helped me now :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.