First mac purchase!

J

Jack31081

Can't really say I 'switched' because I'll never fully give up my PC.

But I ordered my first mac on friday. A Stock 17" Powerbook. :D :D I can't wait to get my hands on it. It'll be great to be able to use OSX, UNIX, and WinXP all on one machine...I'm a senior Comp Sci student and want to learn to develop for OSX (already know UNIX & Windows).

I'm so excited!

Ordered it w/ ground shipping...any idea on when it should arrive?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Congrat on your order, Jack31081. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
congrats man! enjoy it! itl be great to you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Congratulations!

And welcome aboard!

OP
H

hokiethang

congrats on the purchase, im a junior cs student, and i love using my new mac for projects. My plan for the summer is to pick up carbon and cocoa. When i ordered my powerbook, i ordered the 2 day shipping, and it was pretty much stock, except for the ram (ordered a single dimm 512 instead of the dual) but it still shipped direct from the factory. The 2 day was really 2 day shipping from taiwan so, it was well worth the $15 shipping charge. As for ground on a machine i do not know. I have ordered other stuff from apple and gotten it in 2 days via ground shipping, I would assume that if its stock, it should take the time for ground packages to reach you from california. Im not sure, sorry i couldnt be of more help.

OP
H

hill.ed

ive ordered my PowerBook on the 12 and it was dispatched on the 14. today it said it was on its way to MDC, does anyone who has used the apple website no what MDC stands for, and do you no when i will get my PowerBook, ive been waiting ages and i need it tommorow, will it come by then? please let me no, cos i have to be in for it when t arrives! cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.