To wait or not to wait...

Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering if it was really worth to wait for the new OS in oct?

is it hard to upgrade macs to a new version of the OS?

is there any other advantages besides the OS to wait for october release? will they upgrade their model so soon?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AMD 533 MHz, 312 mb RAM, 80 HDD. :(
Well this topic has been discussed now for much times,

still I will give my opinion,

I will wait for 10.5, but that is mostly because that will give me some more time to save money for it,

But I don't see the point of just waiting on it, oke updating will bring the costs of $129, but that is not that much, although it might be sad of the money that you just spend,

Anyway, there are not really big arguments to wait or go for it now,

it's all up to you, if you have the money now, go for it, or just wait till the 5th of October and save $129 on Leopard, IF you are going to buy that anyways when it releases

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP - 2.2GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT w/ 128MB DDR3
Hi
I was wondering if it was really worth to wait for the new OS in oct?

It depends on whether or not you need the computer right away or not. If you can get the educational discount, Leopard will only cost $69 I believe.

is it hard to upgrade macs to a new version of the OS?

No. If you are a windows user, the upgrade experience is far easier than anything you would have experienced there.

is there any other advantages besides the OS to wait for october release? will they upgrade their model so soon?

thanks

This also comes down to if you need the computer right now or can afford to wait. Many will argue that waiting is essentially pointless. If you are always waiting for the next big thing, you'll never make a purchase and enjoy a great product. I do not always agree with this stance, but there do not seem to be any major updates imminent until the release of Leopard in October. All that is merely conjecture at this point, though.

-B

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.