Where do i download mail from?

Reaction score
hi guys, when i got my macbook i deleted a bunch of mac apps that i didnt need, which included mail. i now have a .mac and want to install it. i used the osx disk but it was not in the bundle software. anyone know where i can get this. thanks guys, ILIFE08 ROCKS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4 (tiger) 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 320Gb Hard Drive, (leopard)
hi, when you say you deleted it what do you mean, i.e. did you just drag it to the recycle bin or did you use a third party software to completely erase, as if you just dragged the files to recycle bin then i think that might have just deleted the icon, have you done a spotlight search for mail.app

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks chris, i just dragged the icon to the trash, i just did the spotlight search and nothing. where would mail be bundled.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Just pop the Install Disc 1 in and install it again.

OP
D
Reaction score
i did but when i clicked customize it was not listed on there? do i have to reinstall osx if so will i lose all my data?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
No, you are running the wrong program on that disc. When the contents of it appears, scroll down and find one called something like Optional Installs or something. Run that and you'll find Mail in it.

OP
D
Reaction score
sorry to be a nusiance but this is what is listed when i click customize
cpu help file
omnioutliner
comic life
big bandgames
tous comptes fiaits
front row
photo booth
iwork trial
iweb
garageband
idvd
imovie hd
iphoto
garage band songs
sound and jingles
office 2004

this was after clicking install bunded software only when i hit that i have like 5 icons and on of the is mail but its not listed in the options. thanks for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You will need to purchase and install Pacifist so you can extract only the Mail.app for installation from your restore discs.

If you don't want to do that, then an Archive and Install will reinstall the entire OS (including your missing Mail app).

OP
D
Reaction score
D3F1L80Y, i did the archive and intall and it showed up, THANKS. i know have a previous system in my hd. what do i do with that. thanks for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you don't need anything in there, you can safely delete the Previous System.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.