• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Care protection plan on eBay???

Reaction score
I was eBay'ing looking for MBP accessories and stumbled into some listings for Apple Care plans. Apple wants $250 for this plans and they are selling it in the $100 - 200 range... the buyers have all posted positive feedback so it seems its not a scam.

Any member here risked it and have bought these plans on eBay?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
i have seen them, they are fine, you are purchasing the serial number on the box which allows you to register.

another option if you are student is to buy from apple using the student discount you have. the price on a student discounted one is significantly cheaper than full price.

OP
X
Reaction score
Called a local Mac dealer, the Apple Care plan does not cover Puerto Rico. This sucks. If I like to get get an extended warranty, it has to be one offered by the store its purchased, not Apple.

If I buy it from Compusa, then pay a TAP type warranty instead of a regular warranty with Apple at an Apple store. If the computer is beyond repair, then they give you back the money that was paid originally (minus the warranty money, of course). The warranty at Compusa is around $250 as well.

The only downside is that Compusa doesn't replace damaged computers, they would rather rebuild the whole thing (that probably costs more than the actual computer did) and make the client wait for a month for the repairs to take place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.