Waiting to install Vista?

Reaction score
Hey, I recently got my first Mac in the 15" MBP and currently am loving OSX.

Due to some of my needs, however, I am eventually going to want to install some form of windows in Bootcamp or even Parallels/Fusion or whatever programs are recomended.

I am thinking to wait for Leopord to be released due to the built in driver support that they offer for Vista. Although I am sure many would argue not to bother with Vista and to just stick with XP, I am leaning towards Leopord/Vista on my machine, especially since by the time Leopord comes out Vista should have made several significant leaps and bounds in improving security and whatnot.

Does my thought process seem correct to you all?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Sounds fine, I am doing the exact same thing. Once leopard comes out im going to install vista with bootcamp.

OP
K
Reaction score
Its nice to hear someone planning the same thing.

Does it bother you as well that the new Office for Mac is coming in January so I am stuck settling with the office 04 for the fall?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
It doesn't bother me too much, I hardly ever use office so the 2003 version is all I need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
Windows Xp Has a bad battery life due to no power management tools so vista would be your best bet seeing as your using a mbp and i assume use without the power lead in 24.7...

Also You need SP2 Windows Xp no previous versions

Sorry you need to install windows, i regret my decision too...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.