To iphone or not?

Tak

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro dual core Duo 2/G4 server
I was not here for the release. So I'm behind, I have the money for an iphone, and oh do I want one.

Can someone give me a link back to the initial reviews? Failing that, a link to some info on how are they working out for everyone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Can we say lazy? A search for "iPhone review" yields:

iPhone reviews start rolling in

A Google search with the same terms results in PAGES of iPhone reviews.

Now if it's our opinion you desire. I bought mine about a week after it came out and I absolutely love the thing, even more so now that you can add custom ringtones and change all of the graphics via iFuntastic.

I would suggest checking it out in person. Some people have an issue with its shape or the virtual keyboard (though I should warn you that a few minutes with the keyboard is not a good indication of how well it works, you have to use it for a couple of days for it to get used to the way you type, so you WILL get better at it)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
I tried an iphone and i did like some of the features on it, the keyboard doesnt have a tactile responce which was wierd for me since i am on my blackberry all day and you can feel the keys as you press them. i would imagine that you do get quite use to the virtual keyboard after several days of use.

Personally i would consider an iphone when there is an option for a third party app that would allow me to access my work email.

Reaction score
I tried an iphone and i did like some of the features on it, the keyboard doesnt have a tactile responce which was wierd for me since i am on my blackberry all day and you can feel the keys as you press them. i would imagine that you do get quite use to the virtual keyboard after several days of use.

Personally i would consider an iphone when there is an option for a third party app that would allow me to access my work email.

If you work Email is on Outlook, more than likely you can access your work E-mail through Microsoft Web access from your iPhone. That's how I get my work mail via my iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
due to the nature of the system we have. email can be downloaded through a website or off the national server. To access it of the national server you neeed to be at a local office or have a specific third party app that would let you patch into the national server. As of now Blackberry service can do that and there is a third party app that works with windows mobile that lets you recieve the mail.

I could log into the website everytime i need to check my email but that seems like more of annoyance compaired to the constant checking offered by blackberry or windows mobile.

With that being said that is probably my only hold up with getting an iphone. i do like alot of what it has to offer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.