Streaming

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
250 HDD, 2 GHz Intel, C2D, 1GB RAM
How do I stream Sirius radio on my new iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
How do I stream Sirius radio on my new iMac?

can you be a little more specific with the question? what sirius radio components do you have? What are you trying to stream it in? the original question is VERY broad and could be answered many different ways. you have to give us at lease "some" info in order for us to answer the question...

OP
needlewithaprun
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you have a Sirius account, you can go to www.sirius.com, log in, launch their player (which unfortuneately is MS based) and chose the channel you want. It simply won't on a Mac. Someone gave the the web address of some other player that was apparantly designed specifically for streaming Sirius on a Mac but it didn't work either. To stream it over the internet there are no radio components required.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook
Try SiriusMac, it's an app that works great for streaming Sirius. All you need is a login for Sirius.com.

OP
needlewithaprun
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok...SIRIUSLY now, does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I downloaded SiriusMac, installed it, used the login screen and entered in the captcha code. It opens up, I can see all the channels offered online, I can select any of the channels I want but there is just one problem. Nothing happens. It displays the name of the Band and song but no sound comes out. I have moved the volume up and down of both the SiriusMac player and my iMac and nothing. Not a note. Can anyone provide insight as to what I'm missing here?

OP
needlewithaprun
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nevermind. I got it. SiriusMac enables you to choose from several default players and ,for some reason, VLC was set as the default player. So, it would show it on my screen but no sound would come out. I changed the default to MPlayer and it lit up like an Xmas tree.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.