Payment plan for macbooks in Canada

Reaction score
I am planning on switching from pc to mac, about time I saw the light. I'v been browsing the U.S online apple store and they have a payment plan for Macbooks, but I could not find the same offer at the Canadian online Apple store. The U.S store offers " $1,099.00 or as low as $26 a month " but I cannot find a monthly payment plan for Canadian macbooks. Does this mean no such plan exists?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I am planning on switching from pc to mac, about time I saw the light. I'v been browsing the U.S online apple store and they have a payment plan for Macbooks, but I could not find the same offer at the Canadian online Apple store. The U.S store offers " $1,099.00 or as low as $26 a month " but I cannot find a monthly payment plan for Canadian macbooks. Does this mean no such plan exists?
There is no "payment plan".
You will still need to pay for the product in full at the time of purchase.

What you are seeing is an estimate of what a monthly credit card payment would be (if you signed up for and were approved for the card Apple offers).

Reaction score
If you go into a Staples Business depot, you can do an equal payment plan or 6 months deferred. Thats how I bought my macbook because I was short on money at the time. Payed off since though.

Reaction score
future shop had a "do not pay for 24 months" offer a while back, thats how we picked up our imac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Any of those "don't pay now" offers are all based on credit approval. It really wouldn't be any different than using a credit card. None of those will actually let you walk out scot-free, since you will be paying it back (many, but not all, with interest meaning you end up paying even more in the long run).

If you have really excellent credit, its not a bad idea.
If you have less than perfect credit, then..... well, not so much.

OP
L
Reaction score
Yeah my credit is pretty good, so would Apple in Canada allow me to pay it gradually? Or it that just offered in the U.S? I wouldn't mind paying a little more for the option of extended payment.

also, does Staples and Futureshop have the same promotions as the apple store website? I'm talking about the student discount and the free ipod + printer? or do they simply sell the machine alone?

Reaction score
true, based on credit approval. however, its equal payments 0 interest for the 2 years

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.