Easter Eggs....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
In MacOS X, while in the finder, open any window & click the minimizie button (yellow) at the top of the window while holding command+shift.

Find pCalc2 in the Applications folder. Launch it -- Notice the icon "6x7=?" Now, go up to the "constants" menu, and choose the 1st one: "Ultimate Answer." This is actually from Douglass Adam's Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy; Definetely a think-different book...

I was wondering why the Utility "Ports Manager", an application that manages Darwin ports, didn't have an icon.

1) Control-click on Ports Manager, found in /Applications/Utilities/
2) Select "Show Package Contents"
3) Open "PortsManager.icns"

After it opens in Preview (or your default viewer), you will see a brown cartoon platypus with a red "devil ears" hat on, surrounded by a tri-rope border.

If anybody can ID the platypus or thinks they can, let me know and I can email you the file, since not many peope have the dev preview.

I got 1 of them to work.. :-(

OP
hype.it
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Egg Name:*Disjointed Text
Works On:*Mac OS X 10.3
Manufacturer:* Apple

How it Works:

1: Open a finder window
2: Click once on a file name, then again to get into edit mode
(the file's name should now be in a little box)
3: Hold down shift and press F11

Special Notes:

You need 10.3 panther with exposé for this to work

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.