• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

When do new products show up in stores?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes from the intro of a new product to it being on display in the store? I imagine it wouldn't be same day because they would have to shut down like iPhone or do it while everyone is in the store. Will they have them in by tomorrow?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
They probably have them shipped to the stores already.

Reaction score
Ya, I was wondering this myself. My friend wants to get a iMac and he wants to see them in person and I was wondering if the new ones were in. Would they be in by now? Like at COMPUSA or something?

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I went by the store anyway b/c my MBP is having problems sleeping/shutting down (they're putting in a new logic board) and asked the guy.

At first he said he didn't know, then I overheard him tell another worker they will set up floor models tomorrow, so I guess they have them to sell already.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
I called the store I'm driving to tomorrow... and as of 6:30 tonight they had them out already.

Reaction score
UK Release's

Ok so Steve announced The new i-mac and refreshed mac mini

2 questions

when well we see the above two products arrive in uk stores?

Also was there no ipod news??? and if not why not (Any ideas when the new ipod will be released?)

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IDK about UK stores, but I'm sure we'll see new iPods in time for the holiday season. Just my guess.

Reaction score
My Apple store near me already has all the display models set up and the new software for sale. They didn't waste anytime.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
My local store already sold out of iLife 08 this morning ;(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
the apple store by my house had the new imacs the day they were announced

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini | 2.0GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD ||| Black MacBook | 2.16GHz C2D | 2GB RAM
the apple store at the chandler fashion mall in arizona has everything that was announced (sans the keyboards [which is a disappointment...i hate my microsoft one]).

i walked in and was on a engadget during the announcement. they wouldnt sell me them before, but as soon as it ended, they released a mini to me, and sold 3 iMacs to waiting customers.

so, it may depend on the store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
most stores should have them on hand the day before the announcement...at latest the next day

unless steve says that the new introduced product will be shipping in 2 weeks....then they wont have it, obviously, for two weeks
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I cycle past my Apple reseller every week day I was in yesterday to ask

..No new iMacs or software as yet in my corner of Norway..Next week

Reaction score
Was at COMPUSA with a friend today (he's getting a new computer and is going through the whole "Should I get a Mac thing") Didnt have any new ones out yet. Said last time it took about a week

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
My local Apple Store had them same day. Went and bought one around 8:30PM, no problem. Only half of the floor models had been switched out, and on my way out I saw my friend taking three of the old iMacs to the back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.