Can't See Camera

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I'm new to mac's so hope someone can help me.

When I plug my Canon 400 into my imac an expired trial version of Aperture starts up.... all good tho as i just quick through this to close (still have yet to work out how to uninstall the trial version!) anyway once Aperture is closed i then cannot see my camera anywhere. I thought it would show up on my desktop as new hardware or something. I have looked in the HD icon but still cant see any camera.....

Please is anyone able to help me.

Di

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You have to use the Image Capture program to import your pictures. Try loading that and see if it works.

As for removing Aperture, just drag it to the trash and it'll be "uninstalled."

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Image capture program? Do yo mean the software that came with camera?

Di

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The image capture application is in the application folder. As for seeing your camera, you will need to change a setting on the camera to see it as a removal disk on the disk top.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Your 400D won't show up as a drive on mac like on a PC, make sure on the camera menu you have set "Communication" to "PC Connect". The camera should have come with Image Capture, a great little import program that is simple to use and gets the job done without any stuffing around.

If you have a larger workflow and shoot lots of images, you may want to check out Image Ingester Pro which is an advanced import/backup program for the Mac. Importing using IIP is great, I use it to import and create 3 different backups of the RAW files I shoot, after the import is finished IIP automatically ejects the card, and opens iView Media Pro, from here I view the images, add any keywording, then choose the images I want to process and take them into Camera RAW.

If you want your CF cards to show up on the desktop as drives, I suggest buying a card reader, cheaper ones can be had for 20 bucks, and it is good habit to take the card out of the camera to import as you aren't using the cameras battery to import files and possibly risk leaving it on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.