How good is the camera

Reaction score
Is the camera on your iphone any different than other phones in terms of quality? TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
the camera is a 2MP camera, and the photos I've seen from them look pretty good for a camera phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I consider it to be quite poor.
Exposure leaves much to be desired as well as focus.
There is no zoom feature (that I've found.)
I definitely wouldn't buy it if you're looking for a phone with a good camera.
Bryan

Reaction score
In terms of quality, I would say it's better than what my Treo 650s camera was. That thing was horrible at focusing.

Reaction score
The only complaint that I have- I can't figure out how to get the pictures off the thing....:Shouting:arg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
The most effective way of getting pictures off the iPhone is to email the picture you want to either yourself or another email address and then save the pic off that email

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
The cam is WAY better than the one on the HP iPaq 6515 it replaced. The digital zoom phones usually use is never really that good anyway but would be nice. Also it doesn't record video, yet. Those who can't get the pictures off must not be using iPhoto which syncs everytime I hook it up.

Reaction score
I don't get how anyone can say they are disappointed with the camera. Although it doesn't have many features, it takes ****ing great pictures for a phone. I documented my entire trip to Venutra, CA last weekend with my iPhone and I had INCREDIBLE results. Sure, it doesn't have the best picture quality in low-light situations, but if you're really in need of great pictures at all times of the day, bring a camera around. Here's some pictures I took:

1-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

I think it takes phenomenal pictures for being on a phone. The best i've used yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Those are great pictures heart attacked!

My experience is similar. If you are looking for a digital camera replacement in the iPhone, you'll be disappointed. If you're looking for something that can take a good quality photo when you've left your regular camera at home, you'll find the iPhone camera to be quite usable. While I wouldn't depend on the iPhone camera for taking my main vacation photos, I would use it for a fill-in picture or two.

Res is 1600x1200, and you simply download them to iPhoto on your Mac. If you're doing this on a Windows machine, you'll need to look for specific instructions. Also, if you don't use iPhoto, you'll need to look for alternative instructions. A good starting point is to download the full user guide for the iPhone from the Apple web site.

If you mail a photo from the iPhone, you'll only send a 640x480 image. You have no other size option as far as I know. It was probably done for bandwidth, given the EDGE network, but I'd still prefer the option of sending a full res image.

Reaction score
You know, I've been planning on using my iPhone camera as my only camera when I go on vacation in a few weeks. I'm going to Reno and then over to wherever I end up in California.

Yes I have a pretty good Sony digital Camera but it's just sat in the car with a dead battery since my last vacation a year ago. The iPhone camera will just be more convenient, one device to carry around.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.