• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Could this be the new iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
possibly. althought there is no way everything will fit in that casing. i think its a photoshopped cinema display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Going by the MacBook it could be an inch thick, but the power supply is a problem - that won't fit in an inch. That design would go with the keyboard being bandied about though.

I guess we'll know tomorrow!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
That is a cinema display. I may be wrong but I think Apple will make at least noticably different than the cinema display. If not than I will be disappointed. The biggest thing for me is that iSight camera. It just looks like a a shadowed black dot. Very fake looking

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" Core Duo, White, 512mb RAM
I'm not sure whether thats nice enough to be the new iMac. It does look like a photoshopped cinema display but I guess we dont have long to wait before we find out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I like this rendering a lot better, less utilitarian and more iPhone-ish:

smallish_new-imac-mockup.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows in the properties, so it might be a complete Photoshop job, or Photoshop was just used to merge the pics together.

The only difference that I can see over the Cinema Displays is; "iMac", more ports, iSight and the power button at the back rather than the side. Seen as they're the blurriest bits, it could very easily be a Photoshop job.

I'd say it's a fake outright, but to me it makes sense that the iMac could become more like the Cinema Display.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
That is a cinema display. I may be wrong but I think Apple will make at least noticably different than the cinema display. If not than I will be disappointed. The biggest thing for me is that iSight camera. It just looks like a a shadowed black dot. Very fake looking

Why would this be disappointing? Do you want a big "chin"? Looking at the current iMac, the MBP, the Cube, the Mini, I would say Apple is definitely tending towards the most simplistic, although somewhat utilitarian, design. But that's what I love about Mac. If they can make that happen, then why not? If they can make that happen, what would you want them to add to make it "look better".

I want the most simple design with everything packed in and out of sight. If this were the new iMac, I would stand up and cheer for Apple. I think it would be a great achievement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I call photochop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why would this be disappointing? Do you want a big "chin"? Looking at the current iMac, the MBP, the Cube, the Mini, I would say Apple is definitely tending towards the most simplistic, although somewhat utilitarian, design. But that's what I love about Mac. If they can make that happen, then why not? If they can make that happen, what would you want them to add to make it "look better".

I want the most simple design with everything packed in and out of sight. If this were the new iMac, I would stand up and cheer for Apple. I think it would be a great achievement.

I would be disappointed because it is the exact same thing as the cinema display and doesnt bring anything knew to the table. I would much rather see one more iphone-esque one simply because it is different.

To be honest though, I hope for something different than both. We saw the hundreds of photshoped iphones and ultimately the phone was nothing like any of them and that is what I expect from Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IDK, I think a full-fledged computer that looks little different than a typical monitor brings something to the table. The iMac already blows away any other all-in-one machines. This would be the nail in the coffin and I think would spur even more switching from Windows machines.

I don't think it would be too hard either, especially with LED screens that are thinner anyway. Just think of taking an MBP, cut off the screen, and slap on the back of a Cinema display. Boom! That would be pricey, but just an example. Just add touch screen and OH BOY!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IDK, I think a full-fledged computer that looks little different than a typical monitor brings something to the table. The iMac already blows away any other all-in-one machines. This would be the nail in the coffin and I think would spur even more switching from Windows machines.

I don't think it would be too hard either, especially with LED screens that are thinner anyway. Just think of taking an MBP, cut off the screen, and slap on the back of a Cinema display. Boom! That would be pricey, but just an example. Just add touch screen and OH BOY!

YOu couldnt do that though. Unless you want your desktop to run on battery power.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AMD 533 MHz, 312 mb RAM, 80 HDD. :(
I say: wait 1 more night ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
YOu couldnt do that though. Unless you want your desktop to run on battery power.

Right, because laptops can't run without a battery, right?? (what's the smiley for sarcasm?)

One more day, then, hopefully, we will know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If they went to an external power supply, it could be about as thin as a MacBook. That would bring new meaning to the phrase "Where's the computer?" :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Just fyi.... the new iMac, looks VERY similar to the iPhone (Black with chrome bezel).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How do you know...?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.