Time wrong - Boot Camp / XP

Reaction score
Ok, love bootcamp and everything is great except for one small thing I have noticed. It is very minor, and not a deal breaker by any means, but maybe someone here knows why this happens.

OSX and XP don't seem to want to agree on what time it is. When I switch to XP the time is off by a number of hours. When I set the time correctly, the time is wrong in OSX when I switch back to that OS.

Fortunately, OSX is smart enough to update when it boots up, if you check the auto-update feature in the time and date category, so it corrects the time within a few seconds. As with most things, windows isn't as smart, and is only capable of auto-update on a WEEKLY basis.

So basically, each time I use windows I either need to ignore the incorrect time, or if I want my files dated properly I change the time.

Time zones & settings are all correct, and this does appear to be a genuine glitch. I saw it mentioned in one other boot camp review, but can't remember where exactly.

Again, I consider this to be a very minor issue, but if anyone has any input it would be appreciated. I seached the forum and couldn't find anything with the seach terms I used.

I would like to say that other than the time issue, my macbook makes for a very nice PC, when it is called upon to game or run AutoCAD. Now that windows is updated and has a good antivirus on it, I have disabled the wired and wireless network adapters, so there is no chance of hitting IE and maybe clicking the wrong thing and ending up with a virus or spyware.

I believe apple should offer all macs with the XP / bootcamp option, so that switchers can have a security blanket, or comfort zone, by having windows, which they are used to, right there from the get-go. Then they can play with OSX and begin to figure out why it is better for most things.

Reaction score
I'm gonna revive this thread because I'm having the same problem. I set the clock (it was on GMT) when I installed XP. Is this the cause of the problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.