• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Pocket knife.

T

todd51

I used to when I was a little kid. Whenever I would get bored I would whittle sticks. :) I also carried one about a year ago since I worked at a lumber yard over the summer. I used it every day cutting the straps off of lumber bunks. I really don't carry one on me anymore, but I know quite a few people who do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I carry a multitool, I guess that's kind of close.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM
daammn I used to have one. I miss those things. I'm gonna pick one up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4 GHz C2D 160 GB HDD 2 GB RAM
I was gonna post the monstrosity that kilo posted but he beat me to it. Isn't that thing crazy?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Original Leatherman.

Planning to get a Fuse sometime as my main tool, and retire this one to someplace safe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I'm going to get one. Lately the only way I've been drinking beer out of a can is shotgunning them and trying to use a dull key to crack the hole is a lot harder than using a knife. Plus I found the perfect technique to avoid wearing the beer when using a knife.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
I carry a CRKT Edgie. It's very poor quality, but in the UK we can't carry a locking blade, so our options are limited (Spyderco do a knife specially for the UK market, but at £50+ it'll have to wait for a bit). If I know I'm going to be doing some heavy cutting then I'm OK to carry my Flash II; but for day-to-day things the Edgie is at least better than using keys/fingernails/teeth.

I also have a Victorinox Manager on my keys (scissors, pen, bottle opener come in very handy), if that counts.

PS. mathogre; that Endura 4 would be my choice too :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Hey all is was wondering if any of you use pocket knives or just carry one around in your everyday life. My mom just got me this one http://www.swissarmy.com/MultiTools/Product.htm?category=sportsandleisure&product=53878& and its trully amazing

Wow, that's pretty fancy! I have a simple one like this minus the camo. Mine is black. They used to be $8, and may still be at Wal-Mart where I got mine. I wouldn't pay $21 plus for one like they're advertising now.

Those tiny scissors are great for getting a nice close cut on your nose hair!!

Lately the only way I've been drinking beer out of a can is shotgunning them

Wow VI, just can't wait to get it down your gullet. Maybe you should check out some AA meetings! :p j/k

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz C2D 2GB RAM 250GB HD & Superdrive
I have a Gerber Ridge that stays clipped on my belt. It's a very small, handy knife. Highly recommended.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I carry a Kershaw Been carrying one every since I got my eagle scout.

Reaction score
I carry my NRA pocketknife with me every day. It's come in handy many times.

This makes me sad to remember back to the days when I carried a Barlow pocket knife with me to school daily. In fact, most of the kids carried a pocketknife and we'd never even consider the thought of using it as a weapon regardless of the circumstance.

Today if my son carried metal nail file in his backpack and got caught, he'd be tossed out of school permanently.

Things were certainly better 30+ years ago. Sigh...

--

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
I carry a Leatherman "Wave" most everywhere. When I'm dressed sharply, no pun intended, I leave it in the car. I also have a mini Swiss Army knife on my keys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.