• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

searching for old space strategy game

Reaction score
Not "strategy" as in "real time strategy" as in "Starcraft", but the time period is close. I lovingly played this game for hours when I was in middle school, so that means 1998 or earlier.

The main screen consists of a 2D map of the universe: mostly black, but dotted with icons representing planets. Player-owned planets produce resources which can be spent on various things. Take a sufficiently mighty fleet of spaceships to a planet not controlled by the player and you can take it over, bending its citizens and resources to your will. But watch out! Captured planets occasionally rebel.

Anyone know of the game I'm talking about?

OP
C
Reaction score
more info

Ok all... I've done a little more searching and I think the name of the game is Galactica: Anno Dominari. Googling for screenshots turns up this:
http://www.dreamsstudio.com/JPGs/GAD_screen.gif, which looks VERY familiar. The problem is that I can't be sure since the screenshot is so small.

Can anyone find a larger screenshot of the game? Or, if you own the came, can you take a full-size screenshot and post it?

OP
C
Reaction score
<i>http://www.macupdate.com/screenshot.php?id=4023</i>

That's the one! It looks like it's had a minor graphical update since I last played it, but this is definitely the game. I HAVE to have it. Now all I need is a Mac...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.