• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

This guy should have sold me his 2GB of Ram before destroying...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
This has been posted before, but still angers me. Waste of $$$. I would have gotten it fixed and under warranty. He did not try hard enough. If it was ME I would know for sure if anything spilled into my laptop. He could be lying.

Reaction score
seen this a million times already still makes me cry everytime

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.16GHZ, 1G mem, 120HD
That guy's retarded, he's probably mad that he got caught and didn't get a new comp.

and if he was smart, he shouda put it on ebay..Ive seen some water damaged macs go for like $300-400 bucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Funny how a lot of you get mad/sad. ;)

Didn't Apple buy him a new laptop in the end?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Didn't Apple buy him a new laptop in the end?

Seriously? Can you find the article where it says that, I really want to read it and see how it ended.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Happy ending, eh. I mean, wasn't this the guy who said that Apple had one chance only? Now he takes the MacBook? Doesn't make sense. It seems that he did this as a stunt in hopes of getting a new MacBook.

That guy is pathetic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I seriously doubt the veracity of him getting a new computer. The Consumerist is not the most reliable source for information. They have printed some rather fantastic stories in the past with nothing to actually back them up.

If there was only a suspicion of user damage the first time 'round he talked to Apple about it, after he smashed the notebook it was painfully evident. Apple most certainly would not have replaced it. I find the whole "free replacement" story absolutely incredulous. He may have bought a new one, but he certainly didn't get a new one free of charge.

To me, it sounds like an attempt by the guy to save some face after catching tons of negative comments and appearing as the whiny, childish, temper-tantrum throwing ninny he really is to thousands of YouTube viewers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
You're right, in a sense. I wish The Consumerist posted a source... so, I just e-mailed Ben P. asking him how he got it. Yes, that's how bored I am.

Anyway, I hardly think that TC is trying to save his butt. It's not only the users on their site that said negative comments towards the person, but it was all over other mediums as well, such as digg.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If Apple gave him a free one, I'd lose respect for Apple He doesn't deserve it for acting like such a child. Besides, it would just be an invitation for all disgruntled purchasers to make stupid videos and expect a freebee.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
i dont think he got a new one cuz he didnt post a follow up video

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook

Anyway, I hardly think that TC is trying to save his butt. It's not only the users on their site that said negative comments towards the person, but it was all over other mediums as well, such as digg.
I didn't mean to imply that TC was trying to save his butt, I meant that the guy sent the story in himself... in effort to salvage his "street cred". I guess he figured that TC would add to his 'credibility' or something. My guess is TC was probably one of the few places that would accept it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
That guy is just a little baby and more over an idiot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
I didn't mean to imply that TC was trying to save his butt, I meant that the guy sent the story in himself... in effort to salvage his "street cred". I guess he figured that TC would add to his 'credibility' or something. My guess is TC was probably one of the few places that would accept it.

Oh, woops - makes sense now. :Oops: I didn't even read it correctly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.