• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Simple Program to Make Advertisements?

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm new so be nice!!

I'm thinking of an idea, all I want to do basicly is have an advertisement, and basicly like a powerpoint, have text, and images flying across the screen.. That's pretty much it. I've heard of Final Cut, but isn't it a little too advanced for such a simple request? Is there any programs that anyone knows that can convert Powerpoints into movie formats?

Let me know, or if you have any after effect tutorials would be fantastic!!

Thanks much. =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4 (tiger) 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 320Gb Hard Drive, (leopard)
you should have a look into Keynote, this isn't as expensive or advanced as final cut, but is really good. is much better than powerpoint but does the same plus more,these can also be exported as quicktime movies.

http://www.apple.com/support/keynote/

have a look at this link it will give you an insight into the software. also you may have a trial version allready on your mac, or you can maybe download it from the link.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.