burning a cd-rw

Reaction score
I burned a few files on to a cd-rw a while back, and now I want to add some more files to the same cd-rw but when i make a new burn folder and insert the cd-rw it just says i need to insert a blank disc. How can I go about using the same disc so I dont have to waste all the space thats left on the cd?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Some one will come along and correct me. You will need to copy all of the data off of the CD-RW and recreae the CD with the old stuff and the new stuff. I have not use the finder and the burn folder, so I don't know the correct process. I normally use Toast.

OP
R
Reaction score
Is there anyway to keep adding files to one disc until its full? Kind of like using a floppy disk. Seems like alot of wasted space on a disc if you can only burn on to it once.

T

todd51

Is there anyway to keep adding files to one disc until its full? Kind of like using a floppy disk. Seems like alot of wasted space on a disc if you can only burn on to it once.

Well CD-RW stands for "re-writeable" so technically it is kind of like a floppy, you don't have to throw it away, you can just erase it and re-write to it.

http://www.sfsu.edu/~helpdesk/FileManagement/mac.htm

The very bottom of that website explains how to erase a CD-RW with Disk Utility and says you cannot add additional data to the CD, it must be erased first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.