Pokerstars on a Mac?

Reaction score
Oh no, just realized that pokerstars cannot be run on a mac. Is there any easy way to get it to run besides Bootcamp or parallels? Any way to run .exe's? I am a Mac noob so please forgive me.

I am getting a Mac for school soon, and I cannot go away with no pokerstars!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Mac's do not run .exe files.

The only thing I can think of is using either Bootcamp or Parallels. Sorry I know you didn't want to use those but that's all I could think of.

OP
U
Reaction score
well Bootcamp wouldnt work because I dont want to restart everytime I want to play poker, but how do parallels work? Ill have to go reading up. Would I still be able to be on OS X and play pokerstars at the same time with parallels? I hate being a n00b!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
well Bootcamp wouldnt work because I dont want to restart everytime I want to play poker, but how do parallels work? Ill have to go reading up. Would I still be able to be on OS X and play pokerstars at the same time with parallels? I hate being a n00b!!
Yes Parallels does exactly that.

http://www.parallels.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Don't know if it helps, but full tilt poker is mac friendly.

OP
U
Reaction score
Thanks...Ill have to play on Full Tilt or Party Poker until Pokerstars releases their mac version, it is in the testing phase now, or so they told me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.