• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Annoying/Funny Co-workers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Any one have any stories to tell?

I sit next to an international group and there's one crazy lady there that deals with the Spanish speaking "clients". I don't believe she's native to the US and English isn't her first language so she has a heavy accent.

Some times when it's real quiet and I'm trying to concentrate on a program, I hear her singing...the worst part is, she really can't sing and when she does she insist on singing stuff like Fall Out Boy, Panic at The Disco, and every other mainstream pop song out there...

It's good for a laugh for the first five or six seconds....then it makes it sooooo hard to concentrate...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I worked with a guy at RadioShack who was a compulsive liar. Whenever I'd say anything, he'd have some crazy story that related to it. For instance, I could say, "It's kind of cloudy out, it looks like it's gonna rain." Then he'd say something like, "I was selling cocaine in Albequerque and there was a huge storm out there. Like nobody could see a thing, and I got kidnapped. They held me at gunpoint and I decided I'd fight my way out. Luckily, I kicked the gun out of the kidnapper's hand and barely escaped with my life." He'd actually say stuff like that and expect me to believe it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I worked with a guy at RadioShack who was a compulsive liar. Whenever I'd say anything, he'd have some crazy story that related to it. For instance, I could say, "It's kind of cloudy out, it looks like it's gonna rain." Then he'd say something like, "I was selling cocaine in Albequerque and there was a huge storm out there. Like nobody could see a thing, and I got kidnapped. They held me at gunpoint and I decided I'd fight my way out. Luckily, I kicked the gun out of the kidnapper's hand and barely escaped with my life." He'd actually say stuff like that and expect me to believe it.

I know how you feel, I am sitting next to one of those right now. He is 3 feet from me and I work with him 50hrs a week. It sucks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I know how you feel, I am sitting next to one of those right now. He is 3 feet from me and I work with him 50hrs a week. It sucks!

LOL, good luck KoDor. The same guy I was talking about also smoked pot in the back room while I was on break and then told me I was smelling things when I yelled at him for it.

Reaction score
Why don't you tell her what a great singer she is and convince her she should be on America's Got Talent? That should keep her occupied for a couple of weeks! :D

Reaction score
LOL TC99. I don't have a co-worker like that, but I know a person who is a compulsive liar. He's kind of young so I'm not sure if he's lying to sound cool or whatever, but some of the stories are so far fetched, it just leaves you scratching your head. :eek:

I have a few people at my work that are VERY annoying. Either they don't like me, they have a miserable life, or both. There have been times where I went out of my way to help them, only for them to not do their part and blame me for their inadequacy. I mean CC'ing everyone saying it's my fault the project didn't get finished. I save all my e-mails and everyone knows I do my work so I had to copy/paste everything proving my innocence. Then that same lady will come and apologize in person because I basically made her look stupid. This has happened like 3 times. I pretty much told that lady never to ask me for help if she wasn't going to appreciate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM
Yeah I have a classmate/friend who likes to play King Drama.

I'll be doing my work and he'll say something that's not actually funny but you have to laugh at... then he'll say "no, seriously" and you'll have to laugh again... and then he'll be like "haha i know... but seriously"... laugh again or just smile "not even kidding man" and he'll just drag on the same thing for so long much like my post!!! (I just noticed...)

OR

He'll ask you for advice then never let you be right. (worse)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.