Windows Equivalent to Ichat?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
I havent got a MacBook yet, so im killing for a windows equivalent to Ichat.

Is there, or what is the best windows equivalent?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Trillian would probably be the closest thing to iChat. You can get skin packs from DeviantArt.com to match iChat.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I 2nd Trillian. I used to use it till I tried OSX and started using it for 95% of my computer needs. Trillian is a very good multi chat client. I have it on my one Laptop PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Not only is Trillian great for the multi-client part, but it's very, very customizable as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
If you only use AOL service and not say MSN or Yahoo or whatever, just use AIM. It's simple and easy. Just watch out because I know they used to bundle stupid apps in with AIM, like weatherbug and other adware junk that no one really wants.
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
If you only use AOL service and not say MSN or Yahoo or whatever, just use AIM. It's simple and easy. Just watch out because I know they used to bundle stupid apps in with AIM, like weatherbug and other adware junk that no one really wants.
Bryan

They still do. I downloaded it for my Dell the other day, and it gloms on like that face-hugger from Aliens. Wanted to test AIM video capability, with a new webcam for my PC (to try with iChat and my iSight; didn't work) and I'll get around to uninstalling it one of these days.

gaim is a good AIM client for Windows. I used that before I got my Macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP - 2.2GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT w/ 128MB DDR3
Here's another vote for Trillian. I've used it for a long time and it's the best multi-service IM client out there IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
Nothing will ever be EXACTLY like iChat, so why not go for ease of use? Meebo.com is awesome. It's and in-browser chat app, for msn, aim, and more. Check it out

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
im after the video confrencing side of things also. whats best for this, something like skype?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
Oh, in that case, I don't know, :[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Personally I can't stand the free version of trillian... it's just, er, yuck. I use pidgin instead. As for video conferencing, I'm not sure there are any freeware apps out there, but doesn't MSN Messenger support that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
For cross platform video conference, or video voice chat...i'd say go with Skype. There are others, but skype is probably the easiest cross platform. That's just my personal opinion.

Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Just be careful in the installation of AIM. I did and AIM is fine for me.

Reaction score
If you are looking for full duplex audio and video conferencing then i would suggest http://www.mynetuniverse.com/aaronparker It has many features that AIM SKYPE and WEB X lack such as whiteboard, desktop sharing and any file sharing take a look at the site and if u have any questions PM me:) hope that helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.