• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

i'm so PRETTY PINK BALLET SHOES right now

Reaction score
Last week

me and my coworker at this fabrication shop lost there jobs due to for what management say "re-construction" but is was a lied because i when down this morning to pick up my check and they hired "mexican" and i when up to one of them and they cant speak english

but i have a buddy who speak english/spanish and he was was taking to him and i ask him my friend to ask one of the mexican

how much you make an hrs and he replay $8.00 with no benefit and i like wow and and he ask my spanish friend how we make an hrs and he reply in spanish $17.50 an hrs with benefit "that how much the fabrication shop make" but is suck for the mexican

is just another way for my former bosses to say a few $$$$$$

and updated
I found another fabrication jobs "is one of my former bosses rival" and he pay me $25.50 an hrs with O/t and i have to wait 90 day for benefit but as for my spanish buddy he now doing freelance with his brother in welding shop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Sorry to hear about ur Job situation but it seems like it worked out for the better anyways.

I can't help it, but Spell Check might do you some good!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Are you familiar with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)? If you have a problem like this, you can go to them and if something illegal is happening, they can take care of it and probably get your job back.

Probably what they should have done is asked if you would work for less pay and giving you the option of taking that or leaving instead of just letting you go and hiring someone else. You probably wouldn't have taken the cut, but it would have been a better way to handle it.

Sadly, this happens in many jobs at many levels, not just manual labor jobs and foreign labor. In management positions, it's either "move up or move out". If you stay in a lower position for a while and acquire higher pay through annual raises, upper management will try to get rid of you so they can hire someone to do the same job for base pay again. Loyalty and years of hard work don't matter any more, just cutting down on costs to make the bottom line a little fatter so the higher-ups can increase their already fat bonuses a little more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
but is was a lied because i when down this morning to pick up my check and they hired "mexican" and i when up to one of them and they cant speak english

I think this link sums up this statement.

Reaction score
Or you could invest in an INS hat and have a friend wear it into the shop - they will scatter like mice.

Reaction score
me and my coworker at this fabrication shop lost there jobs due to for what management say "re-construction" but is was a lied because i when down this morning to pick up my check and they hired "mexican" and i when up to one of them and they cant speak english
Interesting, what is your native language?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
The_Mini_Rigs, this place is called Mac Forums. Once in awhile you might want to keep to the general topic. Sure, this specific discussion is "Anything Goes", but a view at the threads you've started would seem to indicate you might not be getting it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
The_Mini_Rigs, this place is called Mac Forums. Once in awhile you might want to keep to the general topic. Sure, this specific discussion is "Anything Goes", but a view at the threads you've started would seem to indicate you might not be getting it.

LMAO LMAO

Couldn't have said it any better MathOgre. Thanks for the good laugh. :D

OP
T
Reaction score
why do i fell like that everytimes i get a "warning" the high authority rewrite any posting that i put up including this one

did i say a bad thing in my ORGINAL POSTING "i dont think so !!!!!!!!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
why do i fell like that everytimes i get a "warning" the high authority rewrite any posting that i put up including this one

Also profanity is strictly prohibited. This includes the use of symbols or different spellings to try and mask it.

I'm guessing you haven't gotten around to reading the forum rules yet.

In response to your other question about saying a bad thing in your original posting, I don't think anybody knows for sure if you said anything bad or anything at all for that matter.

M

MacHeadCase

Orgies of postings. I figured as much. O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Yes you did say something bad or it wouldn't have been removed and you wouldn't have gotten the infraction.

BTW, since you want to throw your business out there, this is the 3rd infraction you've received in a month for language. I suggest you spend some time reading the forum rules before you get yourself banned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.