• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My nearly All American garage

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, we decided to replace my wifes VW New Beetle convertible with something a bit more practical. As some of you know, my wife is Japanese. So I was surprised when her first choice for a new car was a Chevy HHR. We also looked at a Nissan Versa but the AC on that car was weaker than the watered down beer at the local bar. If there is one thing GM has always done right in their cars it is Air Conditioning. It was nearly 100 when we were test driving but you could make Popsicles in that HHR.

So far the car has been fantastic. This one is a the 2007 Premier Edition which comes in Cappuccino Frost and black leather. The car has some nice features too, like remote starting. IMO the dashboard plastic is a little cheap but the over all assembly is top notch. The black color of the dash makes it look a lot better than the beige or gray colors.

The ride is pretty good but the steering is over assisted. Handling is ok. Seat comfort is outstanding but I thought the should space was a little tight if you are right next to the B pillar.

So here are the new occupants of our garage.

945565193_d898445b61_o.jpg

945565303_eb1a652c05_o.jpg

945566563_c08961e7ea_o.jpg

945581521_30db4aad14_o.jpg

I snapped a few pictures of my 06 Mustang while I was at it.....
945566641_83d893553c_o.jpg

945581253_ce65e6b06f_o.jpg

945581689_8dde9819d2_o.jpg

I should have used my polarizing lens for this one, but I like the composition.
945566683_6ec28933e5_o.jpg

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Love that Mustang.

I had occasion to ride in a rental HHR and it seemed pretty nice, although it's not my personal taste. I liked the tiered storage in the trunk area, very cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Nice vehicles.. I don't personally like those 2 vehicles (or any domestic vehicles for that matter).

They look good with your nice house.

T

todd51

Nice vehicles, and a nice home it looks like.

I think the newer Mustangs look really sweet, but I'm more of a Chevy fan. :) At least you balanced it out for my tastes with the HHR. Someday I want the new Camaro...mmmmm. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Love the Mustang and glad to see you went to the GT. I'm not a big fan of the HHRs. I usually call them the Chevy PT Cruiser because it's basically a stab directly at Chrysler's successful PT, but I'm not a fan of either one. If I was a family man, I might think differently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
That is a great camera.

OP
Sgt Beavis
Reaction score
Love the Mustang and glad to see you went to the GT. I'm not a big fan of the HHRs. I usually call them the Chevy PT Cruiser because it's basically a stab directly at Chrysler's successful PT, but I'm not a fan of either one. If I was a family man, I might think differently.

The guy that designed the PT Cruiser also designed the HHR. IMO the HHR was done better but the PT has more power...

That is a great camera.

Olympus E500 :) I also altered the color levels and filtered out the excess light using Aperture. It really brings out the blue in the 'Stang...

Nice vehicles, and a nice home it looks like.

I think the newer Mustangs look really sweet, but I'm more of a Chevy fan. :) At least you balanced it out for my tastes with the HHR. Someday I want the new Camaro...mmmmm. :D

Man, you aren't kidding about the new Camero. I really like them too. I saw it in Transformers. I don't think I can allow myself to drive a Decepticon when the new Autobot hits Chevy's showroom floor. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Chevy HHR.

Sorry for the question I'm from OZ, so what does the HHR stand for as we don't have Chevy down here:|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Nice 'stang, but not a fan of the HHR, I only like them in Panel style.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
What do you do for a living that you can afford that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
That mustang rocks! Man I wish we could get those in england.
Still, if we could it would cost me about £40 to get to work a day, our gas costs a fortune compared to yours. : (

OP
Sgt Beavis
Reaction score
That mustang rocks! Man I wish we could get those in england.
Still, if we could it would cost me about £40 to get to work a day, our gas costs a fortune compared to yours. : (

Yea, I know how you feel. Even now it cost about $40 to fill it up. However I telecommute most of the time so I only end up gassing up every two or three weeks.

I used to live in Japan where petrol cost the equivalent of $5.00 a gallon, so I know your pain ;)

OP
Sgt Beavis
Reaction score
I saw a couple Mustangs for sale in England when I was there a couple months ago... I didn't look at the price though, I bet it was crazy.

Ford doesn't offer the Mustang for sale in the UK. I'm sure there are 3rd party importers that bring them over but they'd be kind of rare IMO.

However I consider it justice since our British brothers get to have the Euro Focus and the new Mondeo but we get the same Focus we've had since 2000.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I see one American car and one Mexican crossover?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.