I deleted HD while trying to intsall Windows!

Reaction score
I deleted HD by picking the wrong drive or something. Anyway its gone. When I tried to re-install OSX buy apparently there is nothing to intall OSX on, nor Windows. Now my brand new iMac is just a usless hunk of plastic and metal, please help me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2GB RAM
slow down man...I can tell you typed this frantically, just calm down and tell us what you did.

Need more detail.

OP
S
Reaction score
slow down man...I can tell you typed this frantically, just calm down and tell us what you did.

Need more detail.

Well, that is all I really know.....

On the bootcamp guide it tells you to pick "partion C", I didn't. Now HD is gone. At first I thought I could just redo this whole mess by poping in the OSX install disk, well when it wanted me to select a drive, there was nothing to pick. So I guess HD is gone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Well, that is all I really know.....

On the bootcamp guide it tells you to pick "partion C", I didn't. Now HD is gone. At first I thought I could just redo this whole mess by poping in the OSX install disk, well when it wanted me to select a drive, there was nothing to pick. So I guess HD is gone.

Well when you put in the OSX disk, there should be a menu bar at top. Under "tools" there should be Disk Utility.

Use Disk Utility to create a new partition to install OS X onto.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2GB RAM
oh, so he killed his partition....somehow

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.