• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MB or MBP

Reaction score
Which do you thing i should choose, macbook from the apple site or a macbook pro from ebay?

or just push the boat out and get a macbook pro from the apple site?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Which do you thing i should choose, macbook from the apple site or a macbook pro from ebay?

or just push the boat out and get a macbook pro from the apple site?

Switcher forum.

And this is really generic. More details. What are you going to do with it? If you want to run programs that require mega huge amounts of GPU power, and I tell you to get a macbook, you're going to be mad when you've made a purchase that won't do what you want...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33 MBP, 3gb ram, not enough disk space, iPod Classic, iPhone, techno-addiction
Go with the Pro, you'll be glad you had the extra screen real estate in the end. Unless screen size isn't a factor, then the macbook is virtually the same machine. I personally couldn't work on a 13.3" monitor though, I've got a MBP and never looked back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
I am pondering the same question "MacBook" or "MacBook Pro". I intend to purchase an external monitor and use my laptop as a desktop. My son has a 1st gen. MacBook and I am pleased with his speed. I plan to use the laptop (desktop configuration) for schoolwork, internet/mail, and music/viewing DVD's. I thought that the onboard graphics in the MB might be a little lacking, but I am trying to cut costs. Would anyone care to offer their opinion and reasoning.

Tia,

Larry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.