• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Barry Bond "754"

T

todd51

There's no doubt he's going to break the record, no matter how much I don't want him to be. I don't like Bonds, I think he is a big baby.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
The_Mini_Rigs, I mean no offense, but I believe you have a bad habit of over-using quotations. For instance, the title of the thread would be equally as effective if you simply entered Barry Bonds 754, and not Barry Bond (sic) "754". Its just that I see no apparent reason for putting the number 754 in quotations.

T

todd51

The_Mini_Rigs, I mean no offense, but I believe you have a bad habit of over-using quotations. For instance, the title of the thread would be equally as effective if you simply entered Barry Bonds 754, and not Barry Bond (sic) "754". Its just that I see no apparent reason for putting the number 754 in quotations.

Maybe he just thinks it catches attention better? If so then bold font would do much better than quotations.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Maybe he just thinks it catches attention better? If so then bold font would do much better than quotations.

Well he playing tonight against marlin

Well, that's not all of it though. The first post should have been worded, "Well, he's playing tonight against the Marlins." Instead, it is just really difficult to read. I'm not trying to be harsh, but whenever I read one of his posts I have to read it repeatedly to understand what it is even about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Well, that's not all of it though. The first post should have been worded, "Well, he's playing tonight against the Marlins." Instead, it is just really difficult to read. I'm not trying to be harsh, but whenever I read one of his posts I have to read it repeatedly to understand what it is even about.

I love running around and "winking" my fingers at people like I'm quoting words. It makes me feel like I am of a superior intelligence :Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
if he breaks the record, but cheats, does he really break the record?

No, he won't break the record, because he cheats. And if anyone wants to argue differently, why the heck did he get bigger all the sudden?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if he breaks the record, but cheats, does he really break the record?

No, he won't break the record, because he cheats. And if anyone wants to argue differently, why the heck did he get bigger all the sudden?

Stephen Colbert says that his helmet size changed three times because his skull is getting thicker to give extra protection to that brain of his. I'm gonna side with Colbert on this one Stretch.;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
totally agree with Stretch on that. he's cheating and therefore an asterisk in any recordbook. that is not really breaking a record in my mind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Stephen Colbert says that his helmet size changed three times because his skull is getting thicker to give extra protection to that brain of his. I'm gonna side with Colbert on this one Stretch.;)
Sammy Sosa's hat size must've gone up for the same reason?! ;)

Reaction score
Ok mini rigs I am sorry for being mean but since july 14th you've made 19 new threads in the anything goes forum. Why so many?

OP
T
Reaction score
small to large chat that all "whatever is on my twisted minded"

ah

it hurt "stop the voice in my head"

lol !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
OK all all you riddler's, who the &*() is this bloke, Is it a guessing game:[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Well, I wouldn't call him professional MHC. Professionals shouldn't have to cheat to win, he just plays with other Pros.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I don't know any Barry "Bond". Is he related to James Bond?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know any Barry "Bond". Is he related to James Bond?

Yeah, Barry Bond is James' eccentric brother who is always trying to get James to invest in get rich quick schemes. He's kind of the black sheep of the family because he never really amounted to anything. "754" was his agent number before James fired him for his incompetence. I hope this explanation clears up any confusion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.