• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

any youtopia or myspacia

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Of course! :D

I'm one of those million + people who watch kids absoultely play a killer guitar. It's so amazing to me that kids can sit in their bedrooms and play guitar like any pro (maybe better!).

I also like to watch other videos, but the guitar players are my faves on youtube.

No I don't do myspace.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM 667MHz, 130GB HD
I refuse to conform to the Myspace cult; but, I am a Youtube wench. I've recently upgraded my DSL to 6MB/s, so I'm constantly on Youtube now~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I use youtube a lot - and there's a lot of sitting around due to my crappy DSL, that is slower than EDGE on iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I occasionally use a MySpace page to keep in touch with some friends, but in general I find the MySpace culture nauseating. I only go to YouTube if I have a link to a video - I certainly don't browse it looking for stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I only go on ocassions. I use myspace to keep in contact with people. I don't really use it like other people do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM 667MHz, 130GB HD
Eh, yeah....the concept of Myspace is ok. If it was just a method of keeping in touch with friends....I have no problem. But I've seen way too many kids become addicted to it like a drug. This one girl began to cry at school because she couldn't check her Myspace (Good grief, we only went to school 4 hours a day...)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
I hate myspace, and love Virb, but I have to keep going back to Myspace just because that's where my network is. They need to smell the roses and get out of there. And, about YouTube, I use it probably everyday.

Reaction score
Yep i'm on both. My youtube username is retardedgirls (its mine and my friends account) and my myspace username is fuchsiabubbles. Feel free to add me!! ^_^

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I only go on ocassions. I use myspace to keep in contact with people. I don't really use it like other people do.

ditto. i use facebook more for the occasional socializing.

i find youtube to be a decent occasional timewaster.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Facebook > *.

I love Youtube and the entire culture it has spawned. I love that I live in the world now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I'm a myspace gal! I use it to keep in touch with friends. I don't really use YouTube.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love Youtube and the entire culture it has spawned. I love that I live in the world now.

That's an interesting comment. Do you think you see "the world" through YouTube?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
That's an interesting comment. Do you think you see "the world" through YouTube?

You misunderstand. I love the world now because I get to live with Youtube, Facebook, cellphones, etc.

Reaction score
I like YouTube for rare music and guitar stuff. It's good for news stories that you may have missed. I don't like it for the soapbox, agenda-pushing rubbish that it's often innundated with. All of the conspiracy theory garbage is a little overwhelming. Knowing people use it to "get informed" can be a little unnerving.

MySpace makes me want to throw up. In the past, I've browsed around looking for some old friends. Most of the time I'm disappointed to find out that they have developed an unhealthy fondness for alcohol... and not much else.

I don't care to be in contact with people, so I don't have much use for it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I also like youtube alot, especially since I got my iphone, it has alot of entertaining stuff..

I agree Myspace makes me sick, especially with all of the spyware it loads in your PC lucky I have a Mac and I dont go anywhere near that site... and lets not forget the child molestor's easy prey of innocent kids...

Myspace should be **** down, its not worth all of those problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I like YouTube for rare music and guitar stuff. It's good for news stories that you may have missed. I don't like it for the soapbox, agenda-pushing rubbish that it's often innundated with. All of the conspiracy theory garbage is a little overwhelming. Knowing people use it to "get informed" can be a little unnerving.

Agreed. It's not exactly a cross-section of society or anything.

MySpace makes me want to throw up. In the past, I've browsed around looking for some old friends. Most of the time I'm disappointed to find out that they have developed an unhealthy fondness for alcohol... and not much else.

Agreed here as well. I have a page I use to keep in touch with about four friends who are in the US, but in general Myspace is just for people to parade their egos around.

I don't care to be in contact with people, so I don't have much use for it. :)

Hah. I agree with this pretty much, too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Knowing people use it to "get informed" can be a little unnerving.

Well considering the Australian Prime Minister did a speech exclusively for youtube seems that that place might be the future of news even. But for me I still prefer myspace. I like it. I don't go on there as much as I used to though. But that doesn't bother me all that much.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.