• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How often do you floss, if ever at all?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
Just wondering wheter Mac users care much about keeping their teeths and gums healthy or not!

P.S. I brush my teeth twice a day followed by listerine and floss once a day before going to bed.
P.S.S. I am not a dentist :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've been hooked on the floss picks for some time now. I tend to floss 4 or 5 times a day if not more. I usually brush every morning before work, but only occasionally before bed.

I'm not a dentist either, nor do I play one on TV....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
i brush twice a day usually, sometimes mouthwash, rarely floss

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
Same as ibookclamman, sans mouthwash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I hate flossing, so it's a rare event (eeek) but I brush twice a day and mouthwash every day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I use floss and mouthwash at night before bed. I kind of enjoy the burn of Listerine the way I enjoy the feeling of being worn out after a good exercise. It's a good pain. Plus, when I see some of the stuff that comes out form my teeth on the floss, I can't bare to think of letting that sort of thing sit in there overnight, eating away at my enamel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
I'd floss more if:
1) My gums didn't bleed every time.
2) I didn't have a bar along the back of my bottom teeth (post-braces).

Reaction score
I brush my teeth 3-4x a day and I floss before bed. I should do it more, but I don't like flossing much. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
I normally brush 2 times a day and mouthwash, although I rarely floss.

Reaction score
Richmond, VA, a native of Chapel Hill, N.C.
Your Mac's Specs
17' iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 1g ram | iPod Photo 60gb | 2G Shuffle
2x weekly - I've got the same permanent retainer, sandwchman. i should floss more often - if you floss every day, the chance of getting a cavity is almost nil, or so i'm told.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I brush 2-3 times a day and use Listerine (green kind). Never floss, my gums bleed as well..

My teeth have been shifting from my wisdom teeth.. One of them is half way out and hurting like a mad-man.. Good thing I just got my health benefits from work. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I floss about 5 times a year, and the only reason I do it that much is because I floss before dentist appointments.

T

todd51

I can't really floss too well since I have permanent retainers on the top and bottom, but I brush 2 times a day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
For those who don't floss b/c your gums bleed, that's not a good thing. Your gums aren't healthy and your teeth will suffer. If you're not seeing a dentist, you should do so and start flossing anyway. Your gums will get healthier and stop bleeding.

I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just concerned. My grandfather always harped on me about brushing my teeth, I think it was b/c one of my aunts had to get dentures when she was about 30! Also one of my sisters is a dental assistant, so I never stop hearing lectures, but it's good to be reminded.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I brush and floss two times a day, after breakfast and before going to bed. On days when I'm home, I occasionally brush and floss after lunch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I don't really floss much. I probably should more, however I just always forget it. I don't have much of an excuse because when I floss my gums don't bleed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I used to floss only when I could feel food stuck between my back teeth. But three years ago I had the FEAR OF DENTAL DECAY put in me by a hygienist and I've flossed nightly ever since!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
what is floss? ;)

Reaction score
I almost never floss. If i'm bored somewhere, I will. I am anal about brushing teeth, 3 times a day, minimum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.