• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Man vs. Wild is not as advertised...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I knew there was a reason why I prefer Survivorman to Man vs. Wild. Other than the fact that Survivorman is by really by himself, I just read this from ABC News.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM 667MHz, 130GB HD
Imposers tick me off so much.

There was a show about two Christian Missionaries I used to watch called Travel the Road. They'd just have their backpacks and a camera and venture into some of the most remote, almost inaccessible parts of the world to preach. Watching their episodes made my skin crawl sometimes because of what they'd go through and some of the things they'd see (a burial ground in India that chops up human flesh to feed to buzzards and posts skulls and other bones on stakes). Now *they* went through some crap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Aww...I like that show.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I knew it was staged. Lot's of things just seem to "happen" or be to perfect for the camera. I knew there was stuff going on behind the scenes.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Aww...I like that show.

Well it doesn't negate many of the crazy things he's done. If I was lost in the wild, I'd much rather have the help of Survivorman though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
It didn't bother me, its kinda obvious. I dont really care if the guy really spends the night, hes just showing you cool stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
ahhahahhahha!!! i have been so mad about this for a while. I watched surviovorman a bunch before man vs. wild and i was mad when i saw it! you can tell its ridiculous. the survivorman guy is just way cooler anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, iMac G3, 3 iPods, iPhone 3G
Who cares, the man is still very knowlegdeable and talented. With the help of a crew many of us still could not to do half of the things he has done. Man vs. Wild has taught me alot and I still pefer it over suviorman. They are both very good shows showing me many different things but I think Bear is a little more exciting the suviorman can be. Hopeully the new seasons for both of these shows will be much better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I knew it, this is why I like Survivorman more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
Knowing that I'm more a fan of Man v. Wild, many have often accused Bear of these sorts of things, but I've always denied it. I must admit I'm a bit miffed.

In any event, I'll talk Man v. Wild over Suvivorman anyday. Watching Survivorman is so bland due to the still camera shots pretty much all the time. I enjoy watching Bear quite a bit more, and I kind of think he's the man.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.