File Sharing Program

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 2.16 ghz, 120 gig HD, 2 gig memory
I just got my new macbook and im having alot of fun playing with os x. One think im looking for is a filesharing program that is easy to use....any suggestion? I hear about azureus?

Also i know file sharing usually leaves spyware and all that other nasty stuff lying around ( on pcs at least)...will i have to worry about viruses and spyware on my mac while file sharing? How truthful is the "macs has no viruses" statement made by apple? (off the topic but thnx in advance)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video
I use Azureus but others find it hogs too much cpu. Another common one is Transmission which is a common recommendation around here. You wont have to worry about spyware and viruses, but it is possible to send viruses to pc users.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 2.16 ghz, 120 gig HD, 2 gig memory
Yea ive heard good things about azureus but when i got to the site i dont know what to download.....can anyone give me a link to exactly what i need to download for azureus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
If you're getting malware from P2P, you're probably searching for illegal stuff to start with. Files from people who use P2P technology to distribute their content wouldn't send you malware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
the best thing to use is the search function
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini | 2.0GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD ||| Black MacBook | 2.16GHz C2D | 2GB RAM
I use acquisition for everything. It's a pretty good program...I even forked out the $20 to support the developers...though, I don't use it to download copyright'ed material, just music from independent artists.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.