• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Forum Religious/Spiritual Views

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
I'm interested in what, if any, religious views people around here hold. It seems like there is a wide variety of views and opinions here (something I truly enjoy about the forum). I'm wondering if there is an equal diversity in religious/spiritual beliefs and ideas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I'm sure there is a diversity, although I get slightly nervous when these kinds of topics are discussed in technology forums. It can be a real harmony killer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I lean in a slightly generic spiritual direction (make of that what you will :)) but I don't hold any religious views. Organised religion makes no sense to me at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I'm sure there is a diversity, although I get slightly nervous when these kinds of topics are discussed in technology forums. It can be a real harmony killer.
I would have to agree with this view.

With threads like those, people often forget the Forum Rules, which state:
Forum Rules said:
At Mac-Forums.com, we strive to provide a safe, comfortable atmosphere for members of any age, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation. Do not engage in personal bickering or flaming; remember to treat all posters how you would want to be treated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I'm a member of The Church of Brian Peppers. I've been a member for almost six minutes now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 80GB 2GHz C2D 1GB RAM | iPod Nano 3G 8GB
I lean in a slightly generic spiritual direction (make of that what you will :)) but I don't hold any religious views. Organised religion makes no sense to me at all.

Me too. :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah this can definitely be a touchy subject, but hey if everyone is mature enough then I don't see anything wrong with it, but we will be monitoring this thread very closely.

And on that note, I am a follower of Jesus Christ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
M

MacHeadCase

I was raised as a Catholic but as soon as I was considered legally an adult (18 years old) I bailed out. Like knightlie, organized religion makes me very nervous as I don't see it as a unifier of humankind (as it was meant to be) but rather a source of conflict and dissension.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yeah this can definitely be a touchy subject, but hey if everyone is mature enough then I don't see anything wrong with it, but we will be monitoring this thread very closely.

Very good idea Murlyn!

And on that note, I am a follower of Jesus Christ

Same here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I was raised as a Catholic but as soon as I was considered legally an adult (18 years old) I bailed out. Like knightlie, organized religion makes me very nervous as I don't see it as a unifier of humankind (as it was meant to be) but rather a source of conflict and dissension.

Yeah I use to agree with this.. still do, but you do find those churches that it is indeed a unifier of humankind. I currently fellowship with a church family that is indeed this way and it's amazing, and as you said.. what it was meant to be in the beginning. Organized religion as it is defined today is hard for me also, since I think a lot of biblical principles get lost in the process and it becomes a business, but organized religion in and of itself, should be a very good thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I see things like this:

- Believe in whatever you want to believe in.
- Worship in whatever manner you like.
- Keep it legal (according to your country's laws)
- Don't bring harm to anyone.
- Respect that others won't/don't share your views

Its that last one that always seems to get some. I don't care who you are or what you have faith in... feel free to express that faith how you see fit......BUT..... there is a fine line between someone expressing their faith and someone dumping their religion on another person. I cannot stand it when someone feels the need to "save me".... "save me" from what? From something that your system of belief thinks is bad for me? If I don't share your belief, then what I choose to do is my business. Please respect that I don't share your opinion and simply do what I would do.... peacefully, respectfully, politely and kindly move on. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.