• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

mac upgrade ?

Reaction score
hi
do you think apple mac are going to introduce soon any new things in Mac book pro or are going to lunch new version?
if yes when do you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
no one knows, apple doesn't let any secrets out:|

Reaction score
Well they do let out secrets just not major ones. i doubt anytime in the future tho im gessinh at the moment they are concentrating on:

New iMacs
New iLife
Leopard

I'm sure they will eventually upgrade them tho sometime next year but who knows...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Not likely, they just upgraded a couple months ago.

Reaction score
MMM yes thats a point aswell...any way why do you want to know are you purchasing one soon??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G
Given that the Apple website is still calling the MBP's 'new' it would lead me to believe that only the iMac and software will be upgraded. However I would also look out for a new iPOD as they have been around in the current gen for ages!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
They lunched (mmm tasty) a new MacBook Pro in May, so nothing new for the forseeable future on that score.

Reaction score
Given that the Apple website is still calling the MBP's 'new' it would lead me to believe that only the iMac and software will be upgraded. However I would also look out for a new iPOD as they have been around in the current gen for ages!

yes a new iPod would be nice then i might be tempted to buy one!! yes thts ryt i dont own and yes i know thts very bad of me!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
Didn't they only upgrade the sizes to 30 and 80gig recently?
I don't know.

OP
C
Reaction score
do you think in Octomber apple is going to put the Leopard on all of the laptops?
do u think the prices will stay the same?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As soon as Leopard comes out, every new Mac will come with it.

The prices should not change.

Reaction score
i recently made a thread about this and the majority of the replies suggested that the prices should not change!

Reaction score
I too have that question. University is just around the corner and I am really excited to dive into the world of macs. Will apple do the same promotions as Microsoft, giving away those coupons for a copy of vista when buying a pc at a date close to the release of vista? I would be buying my macbook in early september, and it would be amazing if the same type of offer was given to Leopard...save me $129. Anyone have info on this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Last time you received a voucher 30 days beforehand I think.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.