GarageBand 3! Cheers.

Reaction score
Great program! One question though. When I used this program a month ago on my friend's laptop it had a feature under the track control called "ambient sound reducer" or something similar. Case in point, it made his MacBook sound as good as my whole recording setup. I just aquired GB 3.0, but search me, this feature isn't there. Did I hallucinate this feature's existence?

-Carson

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
You just aquired it, eh? Which model of Mac did you buy, so we can compare features?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2 GHz Core Duo/1 GB Ram/80 GB HD
he most likely found a download or plugin of some kind. Go to www.icompositions.com, and look in the downloads section. i think they used to have some of those plugins (or at least links to places that do) there.

AND, if you can't find it, you could just lower the treble a bit to get rid of room noise :)

OP
C
Reaction score
Aquired indeed. I'm using an iMac G5 from a few years back. What's strange is the guy didn't even know how to use GarageBand, so it's unlikely he was installing optional plugins. All I know is that I recorded a song with the internal mic outside with incredible quality. A real handy tool if anyone else can confirm it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.