iphoto 2

Reaction score
I recently bought a copy of tiger and I was wondering if there was a way to upgrade iphoto. When installed all I have is iphoto 2. If I buy a new mac doesnt it come with iphoto 5 or 6?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You need to buy iLife to upgrade iPhoto

Reaction score
I recently bought a copy of tiger and I was wondering if there was a way to upgrade iphoto. When installed all I have is iphoto 2. If I buy a new mac doesnt it come with iphoto 5 or 6?

Two things:

Firstly:
As said above you need to buy the new iLife in order to get the new iPhoto otherwise they would never sell copies if you could just upgrade!!!

Secondly:
Off topic but why did you recently buy tiger when the brand new leopard is coming out in october??

OP
S
Reaction score
Sorry I guess I didn't recently buy it. I bought an old powerbook G4 in September to see if I liked the whole mac scene. Paid 200 for the computer and I tried running OS 9 but found many programs wanted OSX. So I went out and bought tiger to have the most up to date software to see how I liked it. I finally decided I liked it and bought a macbook june 30th with a free ipod. The macbook came in and had a faulty display so I sent it back and my ipod just came in. So I have been playing around with the powerbook and the ipod and realized the old version of iphoto didn't let you make folders and what not just albums. Then I realized the new iphoto which was on the macbook which I got to use for a day or so was different.

So I just wanted a new copy of iphoto to play with while my macbook goes back and forth in the mail for its 3rd week. Guess I will just have to wait till it gets here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.