Why do some installed apps appear as "ejectables" on desktop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4Ghz 4mRam
Some installed apps seem to live on the desktop, while others insert themselves into the Applications list in the Finder. I'd like all apps to do this...for consistency.

Might someone explain why this might happen, and anything I can do about it?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
The apps that you are thinking of are mountable images that the apps come in. So the next time you see an app as a moutable image (ejectable on the desktop) take the icon for the application and drag and drop it into the applications folder, then eject the image.

Bam, Installed.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4Ghz 4mRam
Thanks Jonny!

Seemed to work fine...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Seemed to work fine...

That would be because that's how you install apps in OS X.

Seriously, thing's as basic as installing apps are well documented here and plenty of other places on the web. May I suggest you read one of the "switchers guides" so you things like this don't catch you out in the future.

I hope you're happy with your new machine, and look forward to seeing you around.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.