hide email from spanners

D

design2

hi guys

i was told that spam bots can now detect your mailto: [email protected]

and add it on to mailing lists, this is worrying but i was told there also was a cure, a hex value or something sounding similar? whereby u can enter values in your code but it still emails to the same address.

any help / assistance on where i can insert my email and get a hex html code? webpage or program? i searched on google and only found a mailtoencryptor win program, not very helpful.

the inet has so much resource but too much of its useless junk, it needs to be filtered, the content has to get better.

Design2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
All that I have seen is people doing their mail to links as a java script where it doesn't have your full email typed in one line
It looks somethings like
name='email'
server='adresses.com'

I will take alook to see if I can find the exact script

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
<SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
<!--
emailE=('yourname@' + 'emailserver.com')
document.write('<A href="mailto:' + emailE + '">' + emailE + '</a>')
//-->
</script>

So you just have to put in your email address where it says yourname and your server in the emailserver.com part and you are safe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
That will filter out most spam robots. There are a couple more ways, one is just make an href link to a php script, inside of which you just set a header as a mailto location, eg
<?php
header( "Location: mailto:[email protected]" );
?>

That completely hides the address from robots since it is almost impossible to view the source code. But even this is not foolproof, since your address could still be manually added to a database. So the only real way to stop robots is to use a html form - simple but effective.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Yup very effective, I don't use those as my spam status is ok with the mail apps seperator

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.