When deleting an email, any way to open the next mail below, not the previous mail?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4Ghz 4mRam
I just switched from a ThinkPad to a MacBook Pro, and from Outlook 2002 to Mac Mail 2.1.

Typically I sort my emails with most recent at top, then read and delete down from the top. If I want to save a mail, I cursor down to the next mail down and continue deleting the emails below that.

When you delete an email in Outlook, the cursor defaults to the next mail below, which is nice since I can keep hitting delete without touching the emails above the cursor I wish to save.

The frustrating aspect of Mail 2.1 is that upon delete the cursor backs up to the mail above...so I have to keep hitting down-arrow to get to and delete the next letter.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Or at least sympathy? :)

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
awwwww gives Sympathy .
i can understand where your coming from

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yep, know what you mean. It's a pain.
Want my new ones at the top also. Don't wanna have to scroll to get to my new messages.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.