• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Breaking News "a Massive Steampipe Explosion" In Nyc

OP
T
Reaction score
and there is this lady that got injures "foreign african lady" and boy

she need "hook on phonics" badly i hate to say that but lady learn some english !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video

she need "hook on phonics" badly i hate to say that but lady learn some english !

Hate to say, but I don't really think you have much room to talk...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Being from NYC, the city is still paranoid after 911. At first, locally, rumors were of another attack, collapsing building, etc. Thankfully that was not the case. Non-the-less, it could have been worse.....

OP
T
Reaction score
is not hate "god"

Hate to say, but I don't really think you have much room to talk...

i just point out that she cant speak any good english that all "there are what many difference people all over the world" that i cannot understand because of there accent !

stop making this a race descmination

OP
T
Reaction score
there is this one tv station i hate with a passion

It was good before the president WCBS2 in new york fired a good tv programming director and hired a young tv programming director "fired everyone" and replace with the tv studio reporter with these

"idiot"
"mindless zombiz"
paranoia machines"
george bush loving"

reporter that does the news "dont get me wrong but i taking about the reporter that "OVERHYPE" everthing and fear us that another WWIII is coming out way

there are still reported i like but "not the one kiss cbs you know what"

tam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 ghz blac-book
I understand that you were unable to understand the woman, but I can hardly understand anything you have typed in the last 2 posts. I'm not trying to be a jerk but practice what you preach. Grammar is a part of the English language too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 80GB 2GHz C2D 1GB RAM | iPod Nano 3G 8GB
I could hardly make sense of the posts either. You really ought to get better at your own English before saying that others' is bad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Why do they pipe steam around? New York isn't steam-driven, is it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 80GB 2GHz C2D 1GB RAM | iPod Nano 3G 8GB
BBC said:
Millions of pounds of steam are pumped beneath the streets of New York to help heat and cool thousands of buildings.

The pipe's apparently 83 years old. :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Hello....kettle???

This is about the most hypocritical statement I have ever seen. You have some nerve making fun of someone else's grasp on the English language when you obviously have let it slip through your own fingers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
^^^ or maybe never had a firm grip to begin with?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM 667MHz, 130GB HD
Eh, I think the point has been made to Rigs (though I agree with the irony).

That steam pipe has been a little while back now hasn't it? Something exploded over here near Dallas, TX just recently. I was across the county making a delivery with my friend. I was probably 15-20 miles away and it was a thunderous boom. At first I thought it was a storm rolling in, then I thought I hit something, and then I could see an ominous cloud of black smoke in the distance. I believe my initial thought was "aw, no". Turns out the only route to my destination was around that area and it was blocked off and traffic diverted for miles and miles and miles all day long.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.