• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Plz avoid ampd mobile

Reaction score
I have prepaid service since march of 2007 and now here my problem

1.The website for the customer service page is down and it have bend down since they announce there "bankrupt"

2.they never infor ther customer about there situwation about being bankrupt

3.if you try to reach tech support 3 thing will happen
a.you will be on hold until you get disconnect
b.there is no there at all
c.you will here a message "we are closed" but is another lied

i can all that the only thing still open is "billing" and they will BS customer because i'm a victim and i really dont know how many more victim there is and to add they are "LIAR AND CHEATER"

4.They will charge $$$$$$$$$$$$$ load of money "for this crappy phone" which it was $100 after rebate but now is worth about $35.00 used

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Well I think it's a bad idea to buy service from sketchy pre-paid service vendors anyway, but that's just my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I agree with schweb. I think you should go with Virgin Mobile, Tracfone, or AT&T Go Phone. And I'm not saying that just because I get paid to sell for those companies. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Same with TELUS. Avoid them at all costs. :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I agree with schweb. I think you should go with Virgin Mobile, Tracfone, or AT&T Go Phone. And I'm not saying that just because I get paid to sell for those companies. ;D

Honestly, I wouldn't go with anyone who doesn't own their own network. They have no control over what might happen.

So that would leave mostly AT&T, T-Mobile, etc who have a pre-paid option. Although I honestly never saw the point of pre-paid either since you really get screwed on the per minute cost compared to a post-paid plan.

Of course you may want to avoid Verizon if any of this story is true:
http://andyabramson.blogs.com/voipwatch/2007/07/att-vodafone-an.html

OP
T
Reaction score
why i like it simple

0.10cent a minutes anytimes

and is power by verizon mvdo

so let me ask myself a question:was it worth it

answer:is was good but now i wish i didnt !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I guess that's what happens when a company advertises to a segment of people who are most likely not to pay their bills: they don't and you go bankrupt and have to way to provide any service.

I don't see anything wrong with pre-paid service. IT works and is the best way to go in many countries. But here is the states they price it really high to make their lock-down contracts more attractive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i know several people who can only afford to get a pre-paid plan. two of the people who work for me sleep in their car every night or at a friends house when at all possible. they need a phone and buy very few minutes and they love their phones and i have played with it before and it works well at all
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have Virgin Mobile. I chose it not only because of the lower cost, but the lack of a contract enticed me. I have no problem with getting a post-paid plan, I used to have a Verizon phone and plan.
However, a post-paid, contracted plan ended up costing me twice as much. Plus, I would have way more minutes than I would ever use, I'd be in a silly contract, and I would have to "re-negotiate" that contract if I ever wanted to switch to a different calling plan.
Virgin Mobile has the best options and plan packages for people like me, those crazy types who use the phone as a PHONE. I have no need for extra crap like IM's, text, email, web, etc. Its a phone... if I wanted all of that extra junk I would use my computer, which I do. I have no compelling need to allow the rest of the world be in touch with me at every waking minute, in every way possible. The phone is there if I need it, so the overpriced plans that you get with a post-paid account really weren't the best thing for me.
The Virgin Mobile network is really good, call quality is fine, and I have never had any problems with them.

OP
T
Reaction score
well there is this unofficial rumor from another fourms that ampd is will ceases all opearation as of 7/24/07 so if that true

"me and whoever got this hack service got scam big times"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I was under the impression that ampd mobile is subcontracted by verizon? At least this is what I was told by my uncle that works for verizon. I/he may be wrong though.

The best I have ever had was T-Mobile prepaid. Good prices, and wide coverage on the east coast, and most of their non-coverage is covered by suncom&att\cingular.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.