Mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
Is there any way to set up mail... the one thats come with the computer thats on the dock at start up to work with hotmail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
It is possible with this plug-in.

Reaction score
sorry to hijack this thread, but I didn't want to create another thread for the same subject.

I've tried this and all it does is open the built in Mail application to open and allow you to download HTTP mail to the mail client.

Is there a way to have it default to open a browser default to hotmail?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
sorry to hijack this thread, but I didn't want to create another thread for the same subject.

I've tried this and all it does is open the built in Mail application to open and allow you to download HTTP mail to the mail client.

Is there a way to have it default to open a browser default to hotmail?
i am not sure what you are saying. you can go to the hotmail login page and drag the icon next to the url in the address line to the desktop or to the dock.

Reaction score
say if I click on an email address from my windows, webpage etc.. it would by default bring me to hotmail "compose" webpage.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
say if I click on an email address from my windows, webpage etc.. it would by default bring me to hotmail "compose" webpage.

Have never seen any program do what you are asking within a browser window. Mail applications can do this, but they do not open a browser window. For a program to do this, it would have to first load the hotmail log-in page, auto fill in the your user name / password and submit it, which in hotmail would then take you to i'ts first page, and then auto click on the hotmail link to start a new message.

Reaction score
It's actually a Windows "internet option" feature. :Smirk:

I spent all day today testing entourage and .mail but I couldn't find anything to like about it. So I decided to go back to Thunderbird.

However, it still doesn't resolve my "default" hotmail browser issues. Oh well. Maybe I'll setup mail to use hotmail only for sending and not reading. Then I still got MSN messenger to take me straight to my hotmail inbox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.