• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New Apple.com design

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Have you had trouble browsing newly designed Apple website? I for one, sometimes get annoyed by the lack of direction. :Shouting:

M

MacHeadCase

It takes some getting use to, I admit. I think Apple is trying to make the website display a more uniform look with Leopard's and the iPhone's GUI.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
Have you had trouble browsing newly designed site. I for one, sometimes get annoyed by the lack of direction. :Shouting:

I know exactly how you feel.

The website has been very difficult to navigate after the new change. An area in which it has bothered me is when searching for widgets. Apples site no longer has a widget search like it used to. If I know what im looking for, I have to pick out the category and scroll down the list of widgets to get there.

The new design looks nice, but is quite annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I had trouble finding the search - if you search with the box in the top bar, it'll show a drop-down Spotlight-style search, and widgets appear in the results. Searching for "countdown" finds a countdown widget, for example.

It's not obvious, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
I had trouble finding the search - if you search with the box in the top bar, it'll show a drop-down Spotlight-style search, and widgets appear in the results. Searching for "countdown" finds a countdown widget, for example.

It's not obvious, though.

Oh, I knew about that search bar, but I didnt know that it provided results from all the sections of the website, seperated by category. However, I wouldve prefered if they had an individual search for each section. Searching the entire site when all I want to look for is widgets just really seems inefficient.

M

MacHeadCase

I know I preferred the Support section's previous version: I just found it easier to get around in there. Now for some odd reason you can't readily see a direct link to the Support's Downloads section, you have to manually type in /Downloads.

OP
novicew
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I know I preferred the Support section's previous version: I just found it easier to get around in there. Now for some odd reason you can't readily see a direct link to the Support's Downloads section, you have to manually type in /Downloads.

That's exactly what I mean. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 80GB 2GHz C2D 1GB RAM | iPod Nano 3G 8GB
I love the new design. I wish they would put it on the UK site too. ):

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.