Can iPhone be used to store Word docs, etc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
I'm not finding any real answers on the web, or specific ones here. So I'll just ask:

Does the iPhone support file storage similar to the 5gen iPods? I'd like to buy an iPhone and have some Neo office docs and Final Draft 7.0 docs "backed up" on my phone.

Thanks for any replies :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
There's a file system hack, but it doesn't look very good for regular use when thumb drives are so small, cheap and easy to use.

OP
VegasOnline
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
Thanks fleurya - I thought about the thumb drives, but was curious if an iPhone could do the trick.

take care.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Hopefully it will come in a software update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
As it currently stands, no, you can' use it in "disk mode" but there are plans for such functionality to be included in a future update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Thanks fleurya - I thought about the thumb drives, but was curious if an iPhone could do the trick.

take care.

Honestly a thumb drive will be your best bet - it's the easiest solution right now. Plus you can put it on your keychain so you don't even notice it (that way I always have mine with me). Newegg has some great deals on USB memory sticks - 2gb for $20, 4gb for $40, and 8gb for $70:

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=522&name=USB-Flash-Drives

Reaction score
actually you can
you just need to print the document to PDF and send it to iphoto to be synced to your iphone.

For example,
If you are trying to store a MS Word document you must open the document in word and choose print, when the print dialog appears select the PDF button (bottom left) and choose PDF to iphoto. From there you should be prompted to select a folder to save the document. (this folder should be made ahead of time inside iphoto). Once the document is saved all that's left is to is sync your iPhone(inside iTunes make sure the folder you added is checked in the photo section).

I havent actully tried yet, so let me know if it work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.